Sunday, April 30, 2017

Spy-Fi Figures

One of my initial early thoughts for this years Historicon was to use the 7TV rules in a James Bond setting. I have a ton of Artizan, Hasselfree, and of course Crooked Dice figures that all fit into this genre.


What's nice about the Agent Carter boards is that they can easily double for a Bond setting - and depending on how things go at Historicon, I may run another game or two but use these figures instead to change the feel a bit.


These are all the easily recognizable Bond figures.


Goldfinger and From Russia With Love figures.


Blofelds and evil masterminds.



More Bond-like agents.


Really like the chap on the end with the eye patch! Number 2 perhaps?!



And the tie of year award goes to Dr. Everythingwillbealright above :)


My favorite figure of the group, and not anything close to spy-fi! This is Mr. Hyde from West Wind's Empire of the Dead line. The whole line has some absolutely fantastic figures, but when I saw this one I had to immediately buy it. He's just a monster (no pun intended lol!) next to the other figures. Who knows what I'll use him for, but it doesn't matter, he can just stand around on the table and look brilliant!

All the above figures were painted by Arthur Hannan at http://www.ezpainter.co.uk/ over in the UK. I stumbled upon an ad Arthur had put up in the Bolt Action International Facebook page and thought I'd get in contact about helping out with my ever growing mountain of unpainted lead - as mentioned in the post for goals for the year way back in January, I'm making commission work on figures a focus and this was the first step in making that mountain smaller!

We sorted things out really quickly through a few emails and I had 100 figures in the mail and on their way across the pond. What was great was that almost immediately in that first email I could tell Arthur and I were exactly on the same page as to what I was looking for color and style wise. He kept in almost daily contact as he worked through the figures, sending me photos of the progress - I think he completed all 100 in less than two weeks.

I have about 60 more to base up (I told Arthur I would take care of all the basing since I'm only going to use clear bases going forward on these types of skirmish figures), so that'll be for another post. But super happy to have had Arthur help me with this first group, they all look fantastic! I was so impressed with Arthur's communication and all the progress photos he sent, that I sent him another 90 figures before these had even gotten back to me where I could actually see them with my own eyes. Amongst those 90 figures are all the SAS agents, several Peggy Carter figures, as well as Hydra soldiers, two Dr. Zola's, and about 40 German zombies that will be the bulk of what is used for Historicon. Can't wait to see what he comes back with for that batch of figures!

Until next time, thanks for looking!
Ivor

8 comments:

  1. Nice collection of model's Ivor, would one of them be Pussy Galore or am I just dreaming ? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank! Nope, you are absolutely correct :)

      Delete
  2. What a great collection of minis...and superbly painted, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate it Gordon! Super pleased with Arthur's work and even happier that we're getting through this mountain of unpainted lead!

      Delete
  3. lol ... some classic figures in there!!! Excellent work good sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! Lots of great character figures in this first batch, really can't wait to get them on the table and into a game :)

      Delete
  4. Awesomeness! I believe that Kalissa and I are going to try to play one of your games along as I am not in the middle of running ours. I am sure Kalissa will ditch me if all else fails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David! I talked to Kalissa a few weeks ago about Historicon and when you were running your games because I wanted to try to get the early access ticket for it! Can't wait to see you guys again!

      Delete