Friday, November 3, 2017

Jason And The Proxy-Nauts


When I wrapped up Zomtober last week I forgot to kind of give myself a tip of the hat, because sure 15 completed zombies for a month was pretty weak, BUT... I did finally get 36 German zombies based, along with my 11 classic Universal monsters. I also completed these 14 Argonaut proxies last Sunday that I want to use for a future Harryhausen-esque game. So that's over 60 figures ready to be pushed around the table :)


All the figures but two are from Black Tree Design. I'll be honest, I grabbed them because they were super duper cheap, but I think they really look the business. I just have to get some shields on a few of them - I don't think I want to put shields on everyone though.


If I had one complaint it would be that all the figures are barefoot. How they aren't wearing sandals is a real head scratcher for me.


The figure on the right may be my favorite pose - I think it would be perfect for, say, Medusa's head, instead of the sword he's supposed to be holding (which broke off, but I think it was meant to happen lol!)



I really like all the figures who don't have the helmets on.



These two figures are the plastics from Warlord's Spartan's box set. They are definitely a bit smaller than the BTD figures.


Here's a side by side with the Warlord and the BTD. I can say without hesitation that the BTD figures are my favorite.

If you were here for the last post, you know I bought an aquarium piece off Ebay that I wanted to use for a terrain setting for an Argonauts game. And it was completely destroyed when I received it. I gave the seller almost two weeks to fix it on his end, which of course he didn't, so I now have a claim opened on my end with Ebay. I'm sure I'll have a full refund shortly.

I've got a ton of figures painted, just sitting in cases, ready to be based on the clear bases so hopefully I can continue to chip away at that this month!

Until next time, thanks for looking!
Ivor


12 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Ivor, and I'm sure Ray Harryhausen would have approved :-) No sandals does indeed sound a little odd, but its not obvious to the eye tbh, and I also entirely agree as to the inferiority of the "Warlord Games" minis; they are quite significantly smaller imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ray is a big hero of mine, so any chance I get to give a nod to him is going to happen :) Yeah, just not a fan of plastic models in general really - which is going to be a problem when I eventually get to the Rorke's Drift box sitting in the corner, I think I have 300 plastic Warlord Zulu's and 100 Warlord British :(

      Delete
  2. You were a busy boy Ivor, looking forward to see what you do for Jason, as I love the movie the older one that is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was so focused on showing the painting that I kind of forgot I had based up quite a few figures along the way. I think I watched less than 5 minutes of that re-make lol! I wanted to like it because it's such a great story, but...

      Delete
  3. Superb figs and lovely set-up as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate it Gordon! And seeing as you always find the new stuff to post about, my wallet would also appreciate it if you don't look into and talkt about the new Star Wars Legion game lol :)

      Delete
  4. 60 ... dang. Great job man! The BTD figs do look the part. Warlord is a bit hit and miss in general ... with a lot of misses outside of WW2 IMO (compared to competitors). Btw ... lol at the title proxy naughts! Thank god for PayPal disputes ... hope you get your money back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! Yeah, me and plastic figures just don't play well together lol! Disappointing that I had open a dispute on my end, but that was all on the sellers end - I should have posted what he used for packing material as well *insert eye roll here*

      Delete
  5. These are stunning Ivor! I really wish I had the space for a project like this as there are some fab figures available for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon! I've had this project in the back of my mind for a very long time now, hopefully I can see it get to a point where I can put it on the table :)

      Delete
  6. Wow
    Incredible looking minis
    When are we playing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! We will definitely make something happen soon, even if it's just a quick get together to show you all the toys and possibilities for games in the coming year :)

      Delete