Friday, May 25, 2018

Doc, Ah, Are You Telling Me You Built A Time Machine...

Out of a Delorean?!


Crooked Dice released this awesome figure of Marty McFly from Back To The Future fame early this year and I absolutely had to add it to the collection.


I had been after a Marty for quite a while, especially after CD released their version of Doc Brown last year.


I can't say enough good things about this figure, the pose is great and it really screams Michael J. Fox :)


As I mentioned above, I had been searching the interwebs for an extremely long time for one of Crooked Dice's older figures who took on a striking resemblance to Marty (above) - I got super lucky and found someone selling a used one and I immediately jumped on purchasing it.


Apparently it was from their Doctor Who line of figures and went out of production due to licensing with Warlords new Doctor Who game.


It's both funny and frustrating that after searching for so long for this one figure, and finally buying it, it wasn't but a few days later that Crooked Dice announce the new version of Marty. Here's a group photo of all my Marty's and Doc's.


How cool do these two look together with the Delorean!!??


Earlier in the week I was also able to snag the Kickstarter exclusive box for TWD All Out War at a comic game shop about an hour away from me.


What's great is I was really wanting several of these figures, and especially the gun bag objective marker, but the only way to get them is directly through Mantic Games and use Mantic points to purchase them - making your cost for one figure just astronomical.


It's a bit of a drive, but the guy who owns the shop is just brilliant (willing to order anything I want, and at a discount from retail!?) and he has just a ton of really cool stuff in the store - and he gave me 3 of the exclusive Walker figures with my purchases, how cool was that :)


And finally some non hobby news - we've got a new horse and my stipulation was if another new horse ever came in, I would get to name him. So this is Anfield Road. After my beloved Liverpool Football Club of course :) I've already bought him a cool name plate for his door as you can see. And speaking of Liverpool, Champions League final tomorrow... absolutely mad!! I can't even wrap my head around the possibility of winning that big eared trophy - fingers, toes, and every other possible thing crossed for a win tomorrow (which will be a 4-3 Liverpool victory, but we'll have been up 4-1 with 15 minutes left, and give up two making that quarter hour the most excrutiating I will have ever experienced in my life lol!)

Until next time, when Liverpool are champions of Europe, thanks for looking!
Ivor

16 comments:

  1. Very cool post Ivor - except for the very last bit ;-)
    I love the Marty's and Doc's (and how neat is that Delorean?!), and I'm jealous of your TWD swag.
    The new horse is a beaut, but I'll pass no comment on the choice of name ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I completely understand, mentioning football teams can be a volatile as politics :)
      Super pleased with Marty and the rest, just have to figure out how to get them into a game!

      Delete
  2. Very nice. My sons are big Celtic supporters, I don’t even know how many are in a football team :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers George! Funny that about not knowing how many are in a football team 😃

      Delete
  3. Great Scot Ivor those models are so cool now you need to make a movie with them :)

    Lovely horse you've gotten is he Irish ? as I think you told me before one of the others were ? as for the Reds I'm a Spurs fan but for reason I won't go into I'be backing the Pool tonight YNWL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Frank! Definitely need to figure out how to get BTTF on the tabletop - Pulp Alley I'd think.
      Yeah, our other two are from Ireland - this one made his way over from Holland.
      Thanks for the backing for tonight - no one really wants to see Real Madrid win 3 in a row do they??

      Delete
  4. Nice figures and it's a bit ironic you waited for one and then two turn up, a bit like buses, but you can have twice as much fun. As Frank says you just need to get them working for their money 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! You absolutely nailed it about waiting forever and then they all show up.
      Agreed, a trip back to 1955 Hill Valley needs to be a priority.

      Delete
  5. Great job on all these mate they all look cracking. Nice find on the TWD set. I held off and got a KS edition last October as entry to the game so managed to avoid the points thing. Need to get my ass to a show later in the year to get the peg leg dale booster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon! I got super lucky with TWD. Mantic had Dale for sale a few weeks ago, not sure if he's still available - I was going to grab him and the Lee and Clementine set but the shipping was just mad for two little boxes.

      Delete
  6. Great looking mini's - sorry about the Champions League!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miles :) Yeah, what a debacle... take out our best player and then our keeper with two howlers of epic proportions.

      Delete
  7. Lol, awesome Ivor .... do you need any roads? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roads... we don't need roads where I'm going!

      Delete
  8. Hi Ivor !
    Have you seen this :
    http://www.greatescapegames.co.uk/deadmanshand/dmhminiatures/rogues/dead-mans-hand-prof.html
    Could be a great add to both your pulp & dead man's games !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tristan! I have actually, really neat piece too, looking forward to showing it off here sometime in the future (the jokes just write themselves folks 😂).

      Delete