Tuesday, July 20, 2021

4Ground Sheriff's Office Revisited


Apologies to everyone for the silence the last couple of months, I have been having major issues with my laptop and finally thought that I had it sorted a while ago but unfortunately did not - a new one looks like the realistic solution but the bank account says differently so we'll attempt to plug away using the mobile device 🤷‍♂️


I saw Dave Stone was having another hobby challenge with scenery so I decided to jump in and revisit some old 4Ground buildings of mine.


First up, I went back and re-worked the entire 4Ground Sheriff's Office.


As you can see, it really changed quite a bit from what comes straight out of the box.


I think that's what I love most about the 4Ground stuff, is that you've got a great kit to start but have that ability to enhance it if you want.


To be honest I'm not completely happy with the colour of the walls, so I'm sure that will be another re-visit in the future.


The roof and the overhang though I couldn't be happier with. I cut some old bass wood and stained them with some inks and I think I'll be trying this out on a couple other buildings as well.


Knuckleduster have a really neat office set for your town sheriff so I painted that up to add a bit of fun to the interiors.


I've talked about this before, as we really begin to edge towards making a "dollhouse" with these types of additions, but for me I'm all about the little details and that's really what I think brings a table/game to life.


Here was my prisoner, axiously awaiting his breakout.


I added a lot of little details to the table, with newspapers, wanted posters and some coffee mugs.


If there was a miss I would say it's definitely the walls. I added a few pictures to break up the monotony but changing the brightness with a wash would have improved the look - though that is much more difficult with a model that has been built probably 8 years ago or so.


The sheriff with the jail key objective marker. The Knuckleduster set comes with this key so I threw it on a clear base so it can used in game and easily moved around as an objective.


This might be my favorite photo of the lot, a couple of deputies looking over the town after a game of checkers.

Until next time, thanks for looking!
Ivor

18 comments:

  1. You have elevated the whole kit Ivor, the additional furniture adds character to the rooms without occupying too much gaming space, and your scenic shots look like stills from a movie, fantastic work all round mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave! I took the lot up to the club for a game so was able to get a couple of good photos because of better lighting - my hobby studio is in a finished attic and the ceilings are only 6 feet high, so the canned lights create awful shadows on my tables, which is incredibly frustrating 😫

      Delete
  2. I happen to think the wall colour looks just fine mate.

    But overall, I think this building looks far better than the stock version. Your town must be a wealthy one to be able to afford such a large Sheriff's office!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai! There's still just something missing to my eye on the colour, maybe more highlights 🤷‍♂️
      I think it has more to do with the large number of criminals in the area lol! We're going to have to start locking people up on the second floor too 🤣

      Delete
    2. That is if those brigands don't get shot prior to their arrests! Your games are rather bloody afterall! :)

      Delete
    3. Too true, I've been getting quite a lot of use out of my casualty figures lately 😀

      Delete
  3. Wow, stunning work and you've really taken that building way above what it could have been. The exterior looks amazing but the interior work is just excellent, the details are superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Matt, much appreciated! This one was a lot of fun to go back and re-visit 🙂

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Ivor! So this is what you've been up too! I think that maybe trying to rub a wet used teabag over the interior walls may do the trick...though I suggest trying it on a spare piece first if you have any. I am like you in my enjoyment of the details to make a game pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Terry! I've actually been doing a fair bit of hobbying but the laptop issues have really made it difficult to post - it's so much easier to edit posts on the laptop.
      That's a really good idea with the teabag, I will definitely give that a go 👍

      Delete
  5. Some really nice improvements to the building. It looks GORGEOUS. almost like a dolls house, but in a cool wargame way. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a transformation from a good building to an outstanding one. All the detailing was well worth the effort s it brings the new look to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DAMN!!!!! That looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the stock model - great work Ivor!

    ReplyDelete