Friday, July 27, 2018

Classic Movies Miniatures Episode Two Kickstarter

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to a current Kickstarter  from Sally 4th that has about two days left.


This one is pretty neat because I backed this initially to get some Casablanca and The Maltese Falcon figures.


Humphrey Bogart, Peter Lorre, and Sydney Greenstreet figures, YES PLEASE!! But by backing you also get to suggest what the next set of figures should be.


Last year when I ran my Agent Carter game, the initial narrative had Carter and members of the Howling Commandos fighting Red Skull. Well, no Howling Commandos figures exist and I tried to find proxies and didn't have much luck. So the narrative of the game ended up changing.


Fast forward to today and my suggestion for the Howling Commandos won the vote for the next set of figures! Absolutely chuffed that I'll finally get a Dum Dum Dugan figure!! Maybe this will be the thing that will push me back into finishing up the Carter game :) Still up in the air for the other three figures, but again it looks like a majority vote will decide.


Anyway, still time to jump in on this one if it at all interests you. Sally 4th also have a really neat Tales of the Gold Monkey (a television show from the 80's that was clearly trying to coattail the success of Indiana Jones. But it did have a awesome airplane - a Grumman Goose named Cutter's Goose - and great sidekick Jack Russell terrier named Jack who wore an eye patch and would bark once for "no" and twice for "yes" lol!) that is perfect for pulpy island adventures too.

Until next time, thanks for looking!
Ivor

14 comments:

  1. I've never backed a kick-starter Ivor but was tempted to back the Casablanca one, it would be great if you got to finish the Carter stuff as what you have done so far is top notch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank! Can't wait to see this new group of figures, there are some really fun minis in there. And absolutely can't wait to see the Howling Commandos! What a perfect league for Pulp Alley πŸ˜€

      Delete
  2. Sounds cool. Let us know when it goes live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your suggestion winning the vote, that seems pretty cool.
    This is my first time on your blog. It’s very nice! I’ll be following along. πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Stew! It still always amazes me I actually have people following the blog lol! Hopefully I can keep stuff interesting so you don't hit the "unfollow" lol :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely collection. I never ‘got’ Bogart but I know someone who could be Peter Lorre’s double :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed πŸ™‚ Can never have enough Peter Lorre figures!

      Delete
  5. I'm sure these figures could be very useful in other genres too, not just 'Casablanca'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! And it's nice to not have every figure I own with a weapon in their hands and these fit the bill perfectly πŸ™‚

      Delete
  6. those are some nice looking figures. Very characterful. Makes me wish I did some pulp gaming. Congrats on Dum Dum winning the vote. I'm curious about this Cater project. I didn't see it when it aired but watched it a year or so ago and liked it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, loved Agent Carter, super disappointed it got cancelled. Maybe it would have been better of as a Netflix original instead of a prime time television show. But at least we have figures, and now the Howling Commandos, to continue the story in our own way!

      Delete
    2. I just saw the WIPs for the Howling Commandos on LA. Have you checked them out yet. I think Dugan and Cap both look pretty cool already. They need to do some fine tuning of kit but those will be impressive minis when complete.

      Delete
    3. I have! Agreed Cap and Dum Dum stand out, love how he went with the original "badge" look for the shield, just wish that you could have placed it on his back as an option instead of the arm, but I understand Mark's reasoning behind the decision. Can't wait to see the final product πŸ˜€

      Delete