Sunday, August 26, 2018

Atlanta Survivors


Horses. Horses. And even more horses. It's quickly becoming very clear that I'm not going to have any free time anymore in the summer months because of... yup, you guessed it, horses. So that is why the blog has been quiet, and why I haven't commented on any other blogs recently - apologies to all! But I finally did manage to base a few of the main survivors for Mantic's The Walking Dead All Out War game.


Carl Grimes.


I'm not familiar with the comics - which the game is based off of - and I've heard the character is completely different from his television counterpart., but this looks like a neat character to add to your group for the game. His hat has a special rule that looks a bit fun :)


Rick Grimes.


I went back and rewatched the very first episode of the television series while working on these guys, and I think I like season 1 Rick the best. He'll probably be a figure I use often - which is also why I wanted him done first.


Shane Walsh.


He was always kind of the good bad guy or bad good guy depending on how you look at it in the show. And the actor who plays him, Jon Bernthal, was absolutely brilliant.


As you can see I've got them all based with the new and improved clear bases - walkers still need converted. Shane's pose made using a 20mm base impossible so he's on a larger 25mm base. But the most important thing is now I actually have a few survivors to where I may be able to play a game of TWD using the solo rules. So fingers crossed that can actually happen.

I've got two Kickstarters that arrived this month so I want to do a post on them, and a week ago was the annual D-Day Conneaut reenactment that I've participated in for the last six year, so I want to do a photo dump on that as well. Next year will be the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings so planning has already started on that - though the event is so big already I can't imagine how much more they can actually do to make it better.

Until next time (which I hope isn't that long!), thanks for looking!
Ivor

10 comments:

  1. Busy boy you are Ivor on the plus side summer is nearly over :)nice looking models & I see you use the hook of two kickstarts to make sure we come back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank goodness the summer is almost over! The ships from the Blood and Plunder KS are most impressive, definitely worth stopping back to see the photos :)

      Delete
  2. Corking work, Ivor, and good to see Rick and son in action in that final photo, along with the treacherous Shane. All three look awesome, and as ever, I'm in awe of the clear bases you use. Splendid stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Setting up photos like that are always a bit of fun :) Couldn't be happier with the new clear bases, they look a treat when on the table!

      Delete
  3. Looking really good.
    I might need to have another look at my stuff now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Mike! Take another look at your stuff only if you're prepared to get sucked down that rabbit hole again lol

      Delete
  4. Who knew horses could be so time consuming?
    Not this city guy.
    Figs look great. I’ve lost track of the show and now started on the comics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! None of that was mentioned at all in the brochure when I first met my wife lol! I've actually just returned from the local library and I checked out volume 1 of the comic book, so very interested to see how it is :)

      Delete
  5. There's always something cropping up IRL to consume valuable time that we could use elsewhere.
    The thin bases are looking good, better than the thick commercial ones in my opinion, it's just a lot of extra work but the results hopefully will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! After much trail and even more error I think I've finally got the clear base solved, but as you mentioned I didn't realize how many of my figures I'd already based with the Likto clear bases. The work involved to switch them out is going to be tremendous.

      Delete