Sunday, April 28, 2019

You Can Always Tell A Cowboy By The Red Sash


The irony of that title is that you can actually see only one of the cowboys wearing a red sash lol! A bit disappointing, but honestly a very small complaint when you see how great these figures are from Knuckleduster. I got these figures with my Gunfighters Ball Kickstarter but they also have these figures in mounted versions, and they are definitely on a very short list of purchases to make in the near future.


These figures are all modeled after characters from the 1993 film 'Tombstone', and the likenesses are just spot on. I set this little scene up to try to copy the very beginning of the movie when the cowboys come to exact revenge of the killing of two of their own.


Johnny Ringo, the only cowboy who has a red sash.


Curly Bill Brocius - you've seen Curly Bill before in the clear bases tutorial, but now I can show off the poker cards on his chaps! Such a neat part of his outfit that it was an absolute must to have them.


Ike Clanton - played by Stephen Lang. It was only recently that I realized that this was the same guy who also portraid General George Pickett in the film 'Gettysburg' (and also Stonewall Jackson in 'Gods and Generals').


Tom McLaury


Billy Clanton


Frank McLaury


I'm still having issues trying to comment on blogs I follow while on my phone - this image is what is coming up as I attempt to write a comment. I can write out my comment but when I hit publish the page reloads and my comment disappears into the zeros and ones, so I'm still completely stumped. I can comment normally when I'm on my laptop but I'm not on it very often, so again my apologies to all those blogs I follow for the silence.

I'd like to welcome aboard new follower Phil R. Thanks for adding me to the reading list!

(I'd even tried to follow my own blog hoping that would allow me to comment on my posts while on my phone but no luck there either)

Until next time, thanks for looking!
Ivor

20 comments:

  1. Great brushwork Ivor! Knuckleduster has some awesome miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Knuckleduster are hands down my favorite Old West figure manufacturer!

      Delete
  2. They look wonderful Ivor you did a cracking bit of painting on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem and it has to do with either Blogger or the iPad/iPhone, I reckon the iPad as it used to work fine, but their continuous upgrades don't help. So I too have to wait until I am on the PC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad I'm not the only one George, but frustrated at the same time that you are experiencing the same things I am.

      Delete
  4. Those look great. I have all the cowboys I will ever need thanks to Black Scorpion but those are tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you there R! The last thing in the world I need is more Old West figures, but yet somehow more just keep showing up :)

      Delete
  5. They're all great figures, with very dynamic poses and whata suerb pint-job you've done on them.
    Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Joe! It's always fun to throw them out on the table to recreate a movie scene or something like that when I can't get a game in :)

      Delete
  6. Tombstone is in my top 10 fav films list and these lads look spot on for likeness. Awesome paintjobs mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree Dai, I could watch Tombstone all day long! What continues to amaze me every time I watch it is how many actors are in it that I completely missed on previous viewings - Johnny Tyler (the fella near the beginning of the movie who was dealing Faro that Wyatt throws out) is one of the big ones, I almost fell off my chair when I found out that it was Billy Bob Thorton!?

      Delete
  7. OhMyGoshtheylooksomuchlikethemoviesIcan’tstandit!!! It’s so good my words run together. 😀
    Fine paint jobs you gave them too!

    I think you just have to re-select the right profile where it says comment as to get back to your icon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Stew! That's what's really frustrating about the profile window, even though there is "select profile" there it doesn't allow me to arrow down to select my account or sign in to it, I'll click on it and nothing happens - and mind you this is only on my phone, so I have no clue what the exact problem is.

      Delete
  8. Great stuff Ivor ... reminds me I need to play some Dead Man's Hand!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jay! What you really need to do is get the video camera's out again and do some live streaming DMH!

      Delete
  9. Absolutely stunning work Ivor - and these minis are definitely earmarked for when my own western project comes off ice :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! If you're doing Old West figures, Knuckleduster's models have to be right at the top of your want list for sure, can't recommend them enough :)

      Delete