Friday, January 1, 2021

A Rebranding Of The Blog




Just a really quick post to start the new year out with a new beginning. Something that I've been thinking about for a really long time now has been the name of the blog, and if it actually tells someone that it is a hobby blog about scale modeling and tabletop gaming. 

I think it's pretty clear that it doesn't. Though my initial thought process on why I decided on Saturday Mornings was pure - there was no other day or time I looked forward to more than Saturday mornings growing up. It was about sitting in front of the television watching cartoons with a giant bowl of cereal to start the day and then changing the focus to making up and playing games with action figures or plastic army men until it was time for bed.

I had a bit of a think, drew out some different sketches and ideas, and finally came up with what I think is an absolute winner after looking at the Back to the Future movie logo. So going forward the blog will be branded as Back to the Tabletop, with the tag line "When these models hit the table you're going to see some serious shit!" 😂  Back to the Tabletop will encompass the entire hobby for me with the end goal of everything that I build and paint ultimately getting on to the tabletop.

I got into contact with a good friend of mine who does design work and asked if he'd help me out with actually putting my design idea into the 'ol computer, so I'm really looking forward to having an official logo in the header of the blog in the very near future. Heck, I think I'd love to see this on some t-shirts and bumper stickers - at least until I get that cease and desist letter from Univeral Studios lol

Finally, a quick shout out to new follower Neil Scott, thanks for hitting that follow button 😀

Until next time, when I'll be posting up my initial progress and thoughts on the monster Black Site Studios ship the MV Australis (clocking in at over four feet long!) for Dave Stones painting challenge, thanks for looking!

Ivor

20 comments:

  1. Love the new logo to go with a new name.
    Good luck for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mike, super happy with the new name and especially the logo 😀

      Delete
  2. Great idea for your new logo and rebrand Ivor.
    I actually looked up the MV Australis when you mentioned that's what you were going to do, and have to say what a beast !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Dave! Mad isn't it?! Mine is even bigger than the photos on the site as they sent me an extra straight section lol

      Delete
  3. A new name is a good idea, I've been thinking of doing something similar as I'm not that cheap anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kieron! A new year, a new name, you should do it as well especially if you've been thinking about it 😀

      Delete
  4. Great Scot, what a marvellous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go go, go Ivor go go, Ivor B Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very flashy new logo and imho a brave re-branding !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, rarely do I pat myself on the back but I think I've really got a winner with this new name 😀

      Delete
  8. Love the concept ... love it a lot ... a lot a lot!! Check your email ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I noticed something new here... Nice upgrade to the layout and logo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai! Super happy with how it turned out - all thanks to that guy right above you, Jay White 😀

      Delete