Saturday, May 19, 2018

And No More Rhymes Now, I Meant It! Anyone Want A Peanut?


I don't think you'll get much of an argument saying that The Princess Bride is a classic - it's amazing how well it still holds up almost 30 years after its initial release. I've had my eye on these figures from Antediluvian Miniatures for quite a while now and I'm ecstatic that I finally have them ready to put onto the tabletop.


How cool is Fezzik? Doesn't even exercise, and no longer unemployed in Greenland, he has a wonderful gift of rhyme, but only some of the time. The likeness to Andre The Giant is spot on imho.


Inigo Montoya ready to exact revenge on the six fingered man. Currently working for Vizzini to pay the bills, there's not a lot of money in revenge.


Westley, the hero farm boy, sans mask - which is a bit disappointing because I hear they are terribly comfortable, everyone should be wearing them in the future.


Vizzini explaining how never to fall victim to one of the classic bunders, the most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is never go in with a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Something I really would love to see is another set of figures from Antediluvian with Buttercup, Prince Humperdinck, Count Rugen (The Six Fingered Man), and maybe the Albino or Miracle Max - or better yet, if anyone has ideas for proxies from other manufactures of these characters I'd be all ears!

*editing this post as this morning I went back and looked at the Antediluvian site and they now have a second set of TPB figures with all those requested above, except the 4th is the priest - no Miracle Max or Albino. But the second set has been ordered :)*

I've got some more really neat Hollywood figures in the queue, so stay tuned :)

Thanks for looking!
Ivor

20 comments:

  1. Marvellous posting, Ivor. I was (and still am) a huge fan of Andre the Giant from his WWF days and this movie was a great use of his sheer size. Lovely minis and paint-jobs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much appreciated! Andre was brilliant in the movie as the comic relief. So many classic lines but I absolutely love his "I don't even exercise" quip, kills me every time :)

      Delete
  2. Very cool figures, especially Andre, its nice to see a figure with a paunch or some slightly different shape to the norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! Agreed 100%, way too many same form types in figures - diversity is needed a lot more. I really like how Andre towers over the other figures.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ivor, I remember the movie quite well & I agree its a classic, a lovely set of mins but when I see Andre I only ever see Hulk Hogan slamming him in WWIII lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a movie I can throw in any time and still bring a laugh or a smile :) I remember that slam well lol!

      Delete
  4. Excellent work on the set Ivor.

    :)

    Shamefully I have still not watched the Princess Bride....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. INCONCEIVABLE!!
      *you'll get that after finally watching the movie :)*

      I would definitely try to find time to give the movie a view - besides being just a really fun movie, lots of really neat ideas and themes you can steal for gaming purposes :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. With his lovely wife Valerie as an add on :)

      Delete
  6. Nice work! They are great figures. I must pick them up some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Bill! Highly recommended set of figures!

      Delete
  7. Excellent job Ivor. I really must get around to these. They have been on the radar to purchase for a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Simon :) As mentioned above, I can't recommend them enough - the detail and sculpts are amazing!

      Delete
  8. Those ARE excellent minis, and you've done an amazing paint job on all of them Ivor - and I'm just going to HAVE to pick up a copy of the movie to watch now aren't I?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! It's absolute must have for the movie collection - easily comes out a few times a year to the entire family's viewing enjoyment 😁

      Delete
    2. Good old ebay! My "fix" is on its way - thanks for the heads up Ivor :-)

      Delete
    3. Money well spent lol! There are some really fun extras on the disc too ☺

      Delete