I'm currently on steroids for medication, and in addition to wanting to constantly lift weights, watch The Jersey Shore, go tanning, and steal kids lunch money, I actually was able to hold a paint brush today! I've finally got both Liverpool and Manchester City finished to the basic standard, though still lots to do to get them to where I envision them.
The next step is to attempt to put decals on the fronts of the shirts with the sponsors. I've got Testors decal paper, but I'm still waiting on 2 bottles of Micro Sol setting solution to arrive to help with the decals. I'm really on the fence about putting numbers on the backs of the shirts as well; players change so much that I can easily see having to repaint figures often (and I've only got 14 field players) and that really isn't very appealing! But I know that they will look 100 times better with names and numbers on them. I guess it's all going to come down to how easily the decal process goes. Stay tuned...
I really wish the figures had the separate head system, I realized after the fact that I didn't have a bald figure for Pablo Zabaleta. Oh, well.
Liverpool basic colors completed.
My first attempt at details; I tried to put tattoo markings on Coutinho's arm. All the figures still need their wash and sealed, so maybe that will improve the look; hopefully.
A quick photo of both squads on the pitch. Next up is Arsenal, for my mates Jim and Chad!
As always, thanks for looking!