Friday, July 12, 2019

Historicon Day 1 Wrap Up


Not a lot happening in the late afternoon and early evening, and I actually decided not to stick around until 9pm for the flea market - to which my wallet let out a great sigh of relief 😃


A couple of new tables though - this LOTR game had some great looking models.





This really caught my eye in the vendor hall - a Kelly's Heroes platoon.



I'd never seen one with the jeeps and it really looked the business. But that price tag?!


When I took my last trip to the car to unload my purchases I saw this terrible rain cloud rolling in - it rained all day and I couldn't imagine if you had boxes of terrain or miniatures to unload what a disaster that would have been.


So here's day ones wallet killers - lots of new Knuckleduster old west stuff, more greeblies and doodads from Crooked Dice, and then the bargain finds of a 4Ground Samurai building for half price and one of their trees for about 70% off, and a fully painted and based WWII US Marine army for Bolt Action - which I need another army like I need a hole in the head - that worked out to just over $2.00 a figure (honestly I could easily resell it for 3 times as much per figure and that person wouldn't bat an eye at the price).

Two more days... I need to be much more frugal going forward lol!

As always, thanks for looking!
Ivor

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and your wallet had an exhausting but enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice assortment of stuff you got Ivor, even lucky enough to get some per-painted mins & yes I did notice that one of the blisters was turned upside down :) are they the Bob Murch ones ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Frank! They are not, they are from Empress Miniatures. A bit smaller as far as 28mm go, but they were $6.00 cheaper so it was a financial decision 🙂

      Delete
  3. Keep 'em coming. Lots of interesting purchases there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do 😃 Can never buy enough at conventions.

      Delete
  4. I do like a look of that Kelley's Hero's troop, but ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m really impressed by that LoTR game. Keep all the pics coming and have a good time! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the figures looked fantastic! Much more impressive LoTR tables from the next day though, wait until you see those :)

      Delete
  6. I've just seen this thread and I'm incredibly jealous already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! The Historicon posts are always fun 🙂

      Delete