Saturday, July 13, 2019

Historicon Day 2


Day 2 saw a big increase in the number of attendees and games.




And as you can see from the first photos here, the quality of the tables were just fantastic!






Very clever way of being able to have the gunfight inside the cars of the train.















Too Fat Lardies 'What A Tanker' played with what looked like 1/35 scale tanks!





This was one of the three main gaming rooms - this was the one I felt really had low lighting issues, though the photo doesn't seem to show that.


This was the third main gaming room, on the third floor ironically. The lighting in this room was really good.















This was just an amazing Normandy table featuring Pegasus Bridge, all in glorious 28mm 😀 It's too bad the table was right next to the window causing shadows for the photos.





Helms Deep. No words...








Some really impressive LOTR tables too.


7TV pulpy goodness.







Who doesn't love Star Wars? At first I thought that the GM had gotten hold of the new SW Legion Taun Tuan models, but they were from the old Wiz Kids miniatures game I believe.




I finally got to participate in one of the Hobby University classes - something that I've wanted to do for years now. The class I got in to was 'Painting the 2 Foot Figure' - basically how to get a tabletop quality figure done quickly. I was just looking for some possible tricks as I'm just not enjoying painting much anymore. Anyway, not a whole lot of stuff I didn't already know or do, but the instructor did pass on a really neat trick for painting eyes (which I never ever do!) and I couldn't believe the results! This was probably the best I'd ever done on a face as well, something that I usually just throw washes over the base color. I'll pass along the trick in a future post so I can accompany some photos.

Another full day, with much more happening throughout the convention. Saturday should be even bigger. I have my Gunfighter's Ball game scheduled at 10am, and I'm very much looking forward to that 😀

As always, thanks for looking!
Ivor

12 comments:

  1. Some wonderful eye candy there Ivor, fun to see you talking about losing the love for painting as if I could afford it I'd never paint another model as long as I live, but seen as that's not the case I look forward to your report on doing eye's as those look really good :)

    Enjoy the Gunfighters Ball & don't forget to tell us all about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank! Yeah, that eye trick was really something else, but I can honestly see only doing it on the occasional "hero" figure, who wants to paint eyes on 200 models??

      Delete
  2. Some beautiful looking games across a very broad spectrum of gaming.
    Enjoy the rest of the show !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool tables on display and shows how a lot of people really go the extra mile in terrain. In fact, terrain might be more important than the miniatures. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! That's the motto around Saturday Mornings, the games might be terrible but the terrain is going to look great 😃

      Delete
  4. Some seriously good eye candy here - saved more than a few for future inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Mike! Honestly, probably too much inspiration - I without fail always get sucked into a new project whenever I'm here!

      Delete
  5. Nice pics! The 7TV table looked great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon! It did, really had a kind of 'Diamonds are Forever' feel to it upon first glance 🙂

      Delete